The MT Legislature is considering a bill to preemptively ban Ranked Choice Voting for every office at every level of government across the state:
HB 598 A Bill introduced by Lyn Hellegaard to BAN Ranked Choice Voting in Montana
- Secretary of State's office is ENDORSING this ban bill!
- House State Admin Committee (passed 2/27: 10 ayes to BAN Ranked Choice Voting; 8 nays)
Next: hearing by the Senate Judiciary: Date/Time: THURSDAY 3/23/23 at 8am
- Hearing results TBD
- You can still comment and Oppose HB598, submit comment here
- AND/OR contact committee members below
WAYS THAT YOU CAN TAKE ACTION
!! Email the Senate Judiciary committee or individual members:
- Regier, Keith (R) ‑ Chair
- Usher, Barry (R) ‑ Vice Chair
- Gross, Jen (D) ‑ Vice Chair
- Brown, Bob (R)
- Emrich, Daniel (R)
- Friedel, Chris (R)
- Hinebauch, Steve (R)
- Kelker, Kathy (D)
- Manzella, Theresa (R)
- Olsen, Andrea (D)
- Webber, Susan (D)
You can also CALL your senator and urge them to vote no on HB598:
- Call the Information Desk at (406) 444-4800.
Regular office hours during the session are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to adjournment on scheduled Saturdays. Callers may leave messages for legislators or acquire general legislative information.
- Suggested Talking Points
- Write a letter-to-the-editor!
- Call other volunteers at our upcoming phone bank
- Stay up to date on events and other ways you can help by watching our calendar
Check all the actions that you're willing to take ⌄ ⌄ ⌄
Find more info on the landing page after you submit ⌄ ⌄ ⌄
Will you take action?
Like this to encourage your friends to volunteer.